HOW TO MAKE MY RECIPE FOR PARSLEY SOUP






If you love making home made soups, but get a bit disappointed with the flavour sometimes – then you are going to love this one. I never intended to use this site for recipes but this soup is soooo full of flavour I just had to publish it.
.
If I kept it to myself I would be almost doing the entire world a dis-favour. I say almost because you need to be in a climate where you can grow plenty of parsley. If you are buying parsley from the supermarket, the quantity required can make this soup quite expensive - especially if you make it as often as I do! Even so it will be worth it.
.
If I am being honest, I have eaten almost every batch of parsley soup entirely by myself - the very same day! Worse still, one time I didn’t tell the family I made it so that I could scoff the lot. I am so bad, but so is this soup - in a Michael Jackson way of course.

However, my addiction to parsley soup might be due to a peculiar palette. Either way - I LOVE THIS SOUP!

.SERVES 6 - OR JUST ME!

.INGREDIENTS

25g (1 oz) unsalted butter
1 large onion
1 clove of garlic – not absolutely necessary but it does make a difference, plus it’s good for the heart!
3 celery sticks
150g (6 oz) fresh parsley (don't be fooled by the weight - this is a lot of parsley)
4tsp plain flour (for thickening)
900ml (1 1/2 pints) vegetable or chicken stock
Salt and pepper
A heaped tablespoon of double cream
.
PREPARATION


Finely chop the onion and garlic and then slice the celery. Chop the parsley roughly, discarding any long or thick stalks.

Gently melt the butter in a large saucepan and as soon as it starts to simmer add the onion, garlic, celery and parsley. Cook until the ingredients have softened, then stir in the flour.

Cook for a further minute or two – stirring the mix at all times - before adding the stock.
.
Simmer for 25 minutes, then allow to cool slightly before you purée the mixture with a blender.
.
Reheat, add salt and pepper as required, then add the cream before serving in a heated bowl with a sprig of parsley.

Taste test first, then decide whether you should tell anyone else you made it. I hope that you enjoy this recipe for Parsley soup as much as I do.
.
For related articles click onto:
Asparagus Soup
Chicken Soup
Chocolate Cookies
Christmas Cookie Recipe
Gardenofeaden
How to Grow Basil
How to Grow Basil from Seed Outdoors
How to Grow Garlic
How to Grow Garlic in Pots and Containers
How to Grow Sage
How to Grow Onions From Seed
How to Grow Onions from Onion Sets
How to Grow Parsley from Seed in Outdoor Beds
How to Grow Parsley from Seed Indoors
How to make Plum Chutney
How to Make Spicy Pumpkin Soup
How to Make my Recipe for English Onion Soup
How to Make old Fashioned Fruit Chutney
How to Make Spicy Pumpkin Soup
My Recipe for Globe Artichoke with Dijon Mustard
Recipe for Blood Red Halloween Soup
Leftover Turkey Recipe - Turkey and Mayonnaise
How to Make Stock from Chicken Bones
How to Make Stock from Turkey Bones
Leftover Turkey Recipe - Turkey and Broccoli Bake
Onion Soup
Parsley Soup
Recipe for Asparagus Quiche
Recipe for Cherry Pie
Peanut Butter Cookies
Recipe for Chocolate Cookies
Recipe for Christmas Pudding
Recipe for Crumble
Recipe for Strawberry Cheesecake
Recipe for Spicy Pumpkin Soup
Recipe for Tagines
Recipe for Tangy Tomato Soup
Rhubarb Crumble
Scotch Broth
The Peanut
Tomato Soup
Turkey Soup
Roman Bread
Why Don't we Value our Food Any More?
Photograph cortesy of Plumpest Peach

5 comments:

Carla said...

I have a ton of parsley right now, it is just beginning to seed up the seed stalks; here is So. CA the weather is getting warmer, and I was wondering what I was going to do with all this parsley before I lose it, this soup sounds just like the ticket! Thanks for sharing it.

Ellada said...

Hello,
I love soup a lot and parsley. I will try your recipe, It's look good.

Jude said...

Just made this soup and OMG it's so good. I did add a red bell pepper and used olive oil instead of butter.
Thanks for the recipe.

Jim said...

What a wonderful soup!
I used a carrot, 1 stalk of celery, 1 onion, 1 clove of garlic, 1 parsnip, 1 summer squash, and a dozen green beans.
Had 1 1/2 bags of parsley - 6 ounces - that someone gave me and what a great way to use it. Used sour cream and ricotta in place of heavy cream. Blended it was a bright green as I added the parsley to the pot right before blending soup so as to preserve the bright green color.
My wife said it was wonderful. She will NOT eat parsley. She had no idea. She thought the color came from the few green beans I included. She admitted she ate more parsley in my soup than all the parsley she had combined in her whole life.
Thanks again for taking the time to post this wonderful but simple recipe.
Jim in So Calif

TomBrooklyn said...

What is double cream?